Willis Road Elementary
3 days ago
The Strength of the wolf is the pack!
Principal : Mrs. Jennifer Whetstone
Assistant Principal: Dr. Waikiki Upshaw
Assistant Principal: Mr. Nick Epstein
5/10-5/20 Milestones testing
5/13 - 5th grade social
5/24-5/27-- Awards days- dates and times listed below
5/24High School Senior Walk @ 1:15pm
5/25Kindergarten Awards Program @ 8:30am
5/253rd Grade Awards Program @ 10:30am
5/25WOLF Day @ 1:00pm
5/262nd Grade Awards Program @ 8:30am
5/264th Grade Awards Program @ 10:30am
5/261st Grade Awards Program @ 1:00pm
5/27 - Last day for students
Congratulations to Whitney Kling 2022 Teacher of the Year
Wolf Pack Productions' Aladdin, Jr. is a little over a month away!!
We will begin selling General Admission tickets at STEAM night.
$6 for adults
$3 for students under 12
(children 3 and under do not need a ticket)
Ticket order forms will be sent home in Monday folders on 4/25.
Coweta County School System is currently reviewing instructional materials to support reading instruction in kindergarten and first grade classrooms. The materials to be reviewed are teacher guides for phonemic awareness activities. Phonemic awareness skills are strong predictors of reading success.
Your feedback will be utilized in our review for the adoption process and for a possible future purchase. Please visitthis siteto learn more about the products and share your input.
2021-2022 Intradistrict Transfer Option Parent Notification
The Intradistrict Transfer option allows parents of students enrolled in a public elementary or secondary school in Georgia to elect to enroll their student in a public school that is located within the school district in which the student resides other than the one to which the student has been assigned by the local board of education if such school has classroom space available after its assigned students have been enrolled. The parent shall assume the responsibility and cost of transportation of the student to and from the school. Each local school district establishes its own process (available to all students) to implement the transfer requirements of Georgia’s Intradistrict Transfer option. For the Coweta County School System: A student may be transferred from another local unit of administration to an attendance district within the Coweta County School System, or a student properly enrolled in a school within the Coweta County School System shall be permitted to transfer from the school in which such student is enrolled to another school within the School System only upon one of the following conditions:
- The School System may transfer a student from a school in one attendance district to a school in another attendance district when such transfer is deemed necessary for the safety, within the School System, of the student, or of other students, or of faculty or staff, as determined by the School System. At a minimum, documentation as to any such transfer shall include a letter from the Associate Superintendent of the School System and a letter from the principal of the sending school, both outlining the potential harm for the student, to another student or students, or to faculty or staff.
- The School System may transfer a student from a school in one attendance district to an alternative school in the same or another attendance district when, based upon the conduct or academic performance of the student, such transfer is deemed to be in the best interests of the student, as determined by the School System.
- A student may be transferred from a school in one attendance district to a school in another attendance district when: (i) said student is in the lawful custody of the Georgia Department of Human Resources or said student has been lawfully committed to the custody of the Juvenile Justice Division of the State of Georgia; and (ii) said student has been placed in the home of a relative, in a foster home, or in some other home placement in said new attendance district by said Department or Division.
- A student may be transferred from another local unit of administration to an attendance district within the Coweta County School System, or the School System may transfer a student from a school in one attendance district to a school in another attendance district, or to a school in another local unit of administration pursuant to a contract between the School System and such other local unit, when such transfer is deemed necessary to provide an appropriate education to a student with a disability affecting such student’s education, as determined by the School System.
- The School System may transfer a student from a school in one attendance district to a school in another attendance district when such transfer is necessary to comply with existing school assignment policy (that is, when a student’s domicile changes or when the School System adopts new attendance lines).
- To the extent the same is considered a transfer, children or legal wards of full-time faculty, administrators, or other employees of the School System who are verified as actually living with such employee pursuant to the residency provisions set forth in Board Policy JBCCA may attend either: (i) the school in which his or her parent, guardian, or lawful custodian has been assigned or is a full-time teacher, administrator, or other employee; (ii) the grade-appropriate school located closest to the school described in (i) above; or (iii) the school located in the attendance district where the student resides. Provided, however, as to each such transfer, the School System shall make a finding that such transfer would not have a negative impact on desegregation.
The application for transfer can be found on the Coweta County School System website. You may also contact Dr. Marc Guy, Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services, at 770-254-2801 for more information.
School Registration / Records
Willis Road Remind text messages
To receive messages via text, text @willisrd to 81010 to join the principal Remind 101 account and receive text notifications for the 2020-2021 school year. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @willisrd'